Saturday, November 7, 2009

Raw African Black Soap Benefits

(ORIGINALLY POSTED ON OLDER BLOG: June 13, 2008)


Well, as you know I am trying to make some products for hair and body. Recently, I have made body butters, soap bars, and lotions. Now, I have made some liquid black soap from Raw African Black Soap.
For those of you who do not know what Raw African Black Soap is...read this information from the site www.agbangakarite.com:
In Togo, black soap is the only soap used by mothers to wash their newborn babies, as its purity makes it gentle and non-drying for their sensitive skin. Our black soap is produced in small batches by hand, using age-old traditional techniques. Our authentic African black soap is made in Togo from pure virgin oils following fair trade and organic guidelines. The ingredients of our African black soap are virgin palm kernel oil, pure, unrefined shea butter and potash produced from the ashes of plantain leaves and bark from a local tree called Agow. The high percentage of shea butter (48%) is one of the unique features of our soap. In addition, there are no chemicals added as preservatives, color enhancers, or fragrances.


Click here to read more from their site.


Okay, so now that you have learned about Raw African Black Soap (ingredients: virgin palm kernel oil, pure, unrefined shea butter and potash produced from the ashes of plantain leaves and bark from a local tree called Agow) we are on the same page that this is such a WONDERFUL soap. It comes in rough chucks and it is not in a standard bar shape nor is it totally BLACK. Please be aware of bar soaps that are totally BLACK in color because these soaps are fake black soaps. The color ranges from light brown to dark brown (depending on the region of Africa it comes from and the how dark the plaintain is after being burned). A photo of TRUE RAW AFRICAN BLACK SOAP is to the right. (photo from agbangakarite.com and afrikanrepublic.com)


BELOW THIS IS NOT BLACK SOAP - it may have some of the same ingredients however, it's not TRUE RAW AFRICAN BLACK SOAP



(photo from google image search)


Now, what I have done was took some of the the raw African Black Soap and placed it in a jar with chammoile infused water to make it a liquid soap. In the morning (which will be a whole 24 hours) all of the soap will dissolve leaving me a "melted chocolate" looking soap. It'll have the same power as the bar soap but, just easier to manage and it can be used as a shampoo as well!!!!




(ORIGINALLY POSTED ON OLDER BLOG: JUNE 15, 2008)

As promised a few days ago I said I was going to put a picture of the black soap that I made into liquid. See below:

I used chamomile infused water and the block of black soap to make it turn into liquid. It is good good good! I didn't put a scent to it so, the smell is the original black soap and a hint of chamomile.


This is all natural and I am happy I made it. I used it on myself and my daughter and it was very good. Not drying and left our skin nice and clean. I used it as a shampoo it really defined our curly pattern and left us both with soft-moisturized hair!

Also, I know people may think "how can you use a soap that is black? yuck how dirty is that??" well, yes the color is black but, that doesn't make it dirty. When it lathers up it makes white bubbles just like any other soap...soo there!
Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Funny...I was talking about this in class the other day. I tried the fake African Black Soap and hated it. Now I want to use it in its true form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried it yet? I'm making a new batch with Rooibos infused water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great blog with good information. African Black Soap - 100% natural, genuine African black soap for smooth, blemish free skin. Ancient formula naturally reveals firmer, younger skin. Shea Terra. African Black Soap In Dubai | Buy Cosmetics Poducts Online

    ReplyDelete