Wednesday, November 11, 2009

NEW STYLE: Nubi Nubi Twists



Yesterday, my client ask for the Nubi Nubi Twists instead of the regular Kinky Twists. I was up for the change and challenge. "How hard could it be???", I thought.

Well, let me tell you, I'm pretty good with the Senegalese Twists and Kinky Twists styles by far are my favorites. So, when I saw the hair and the picture, my first thought was "I got this!"
Man, was I off. I began doing the twists as usual however, it didn't look like the photo. Then I decided to twists in the opposite direction of what I am used to doing.

THAT WAS MY "AHA!" MOMENT.

The twists started to look just like the picture. It did take me longer to do because I'm going against what I'm used to, oh well, I do like a challenge. Once, I found my rhythm it was ON!

The Nubi Nubi Twists are semi-fluffy, has a springy feel and very soft. The hair came from a company in Maryland called EON Hair (http://www.eonhair.com - the photo above is from that website). We used 2-1/4 packs of hair. Funny thing though, I thought this hair was only available on their site however, I did see this same texture in the beauty supply store. Made by Janet Collection or Black N Gold "afro kinky bulk" which is cool for me and my clients. Lowers the cost on shipping. However, I haven't actually tried to use it so I will keep you posted on if Janet Collection or Black N Gold hair really is the same. In the mean time, let's just keeping purchasing from EON Hair until I know for sure.

Here's my version on the Nubi Nubi Twists. If you would like to try a new style check out my online calendar to make your next appointment: http://loveofhair.genbook.com.


The price for these will be $110 (service only). You will have to provide hair.The price is $11.99/pack plus shipping and handling online at www.eonhair.com. You will be purchasing 3 packs for when you book an appointment.


Next, I would like to try the Nubian Twists and the Spring Twists anyone want to be the model?


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

  1. Let me just say that you are a baaaad girl! :-) Those are the only twists that I have ever had. A young lady that was just learning how to do hair did them on me about 7 years ago when I asked for kinky twists so that is all I knew to call them. But when I saw people walking around with the kinky twists that other people are familiar with I said, "Not in MY head!" Some years later I went to a different lady and showed her a picture of what I wanted. She said that she would be able to do it. To make a long story short it ended up being a mess. There is a very different technique to twisting with the "Afro Kinky" hair than the "Marley braid". The fact that you were able to make them look that good on your first try is GREAT! You also have a great price. Wish I lived near you :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me what color the Nubi Nubi twists are in the first photo?

    *Not the twists you did, but the first photo of the Nubi Nubi twists.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Hi Akiya. Thanks for your wonderful review of Nubi Nubi Twist.

    You may find many copies of Nubi Nubi in beauty supply stores. Often, they look the same and even cheaper. But please be aware that they are mostly made out of Polypropylene (plastic) hair fiber. These fibers are banned to be used as hair fibers.

    It is mainly because plastic hair fibers are not flame retardant. It is also known to cause allergic reaction to human body.

    With EON you can be assured that we use textile based hair fibers that are also used on fake mink coats.

    In late 90's EON Natural created the Kinky Twist, Nubian Twist, Spring Twist, Nubi Nubi Twist, Zat Twist, and Kinky Locs. It was designed for my clients who wants to go natural. I wanted to create styles that will be good for their health as well as giving them the beauty in transitional period.

    I always knew that I could distribute EON hair thru all the beauty supply stores nationwide, as other hair companies do. But I chose to stay exclusive to professionals to protect its integrity over money.

    More than money, I still believe "Natural hair" must maintain its integrity, humility, and faith of clients who believe in EON's spirit.

    Again, thanks for your wonderful review.

    Travis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you give a try to beautiful nubian twist. You rock your look.

    ReplyDelete