Sunday, November 15, 2009

NEW STYLE: Tree Braids!!

YES YES YESSSS!! I have finally try my hand at Tree Braids (cornrow base). I am very pleased with the job. She is my first model for the style. I have been asked if and when I will be adding this to the list of services...

Well, I believe I am ready to make this the STYLE OF THE MONTH for DECEMBER!!

Actually I will let you be the judge (you can click on the photos):


The model's hair is the Batik by Outre brand (Deep Bulk). It is synthetic hair and 18" in length. In my opinion, it is best to get hair that is at least 18" to ensure the hair covers the braids. For now I am only doing Tree Braids with Curly or Wavy Hair textures because I know for sure I will be able to cover the braid. Until, I grasp the Curly and/or Wavy hair, straight hair will have to wait.  Oh, I braided some individual braids at the nape of her neck so, she can wear a ponytail.





It took me 6 hours from start to finish. I do know that's not a good time for this style however, she was my first Tree Braid client. My ideal goal time is 3 1/2 - 4 hours I just need some people who would like to help while getting this beautiful style. I am not sure if it will be for December or January, please give me some feedback.

If you would like to become a model for this style let me know:
  • I will need about 4 more ladies. 
  • I suggest that the hair has a curly or wavy texture. 
  • The hair should be in bulk form and not on a weft. 
  • Minimum hair length: 18" so hair can cover braids.
  • Also, if you don't mind, synthetic hair for now until this is completely mastered.

The model price for this style is $80.
Email me at: loveofhair@gmail.com


Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Akiya, nice to hear you are building Tree Braids into your line of braid styles. I am looking for a stylist that can rose braid or tree braid on the West Coast in Northern California. Will you be using the non-slip technique or another method that prevents hair from being pulled out with styling or brushing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Electra, thank you for coming to the blog. I use the slip knot technique (multiple times) to ensure the braid does not un-ravel during the everyday wear of the style.
    I haven't heard of the term "rose braid" for the tree braids, I learn something new everyday!

    Also, since I do not know how to cut/style the hair when I am done the hair is long until you get it cut and styled elsewhere.

    I hope to see you soon!
    Akiya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Akiya,
    I was wondering when doing the slip knot techinque and the individuals, How do you manage to end the cornrow tree braids without it looking tacky? And how do you take down tree braids?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When doing Tree Braids the extension hair is laying over the cornrow all the way to the end. That means the end braid of the cornrow is not going to be visible. To take out Tree Braids just cut the slip knot and un-braid just like you would cornrows or individual braids.

    Thank you for your question, anonymous.

    ReplyDelete