Saturday, November 7, 2009

Loc Butter Recipe

I wanted to let you know about a Loc Butter recipe I found (can also be used if you don't have locs). I'm all about making your own products to eliminate the synthetic and harmful ingredients that really do not help our hair but, just look good.


The recipe below is for 4oz. worth of loc butter but, you can double the amount for 8oz. or make half the amount for 2oz. (picture of the jar sizes are below). You can find all of these supplies from www.fromnaturewithlove.com.







  • 2 TBSP Shea Butter



  • 2 TBSP Mango Butter



  • 2 TBSP Coconut Oil



  • 1 TSP Aloe Vera Gel



  • 1 TSP Sweet Almond Oil



  • 1 TSP Jojoba Oil



  • 10 drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil



  • 1/8 - 1/4 TSP of Brown Sugar Fragrance Oil ( or any scent, your choice)




    • Melt the butters, gel, and oils in a double boiler. Once melted add the Brown Sugar fragance oil. Once everything has melted down take it off the heat and add the Ylang Ylang essential oil. Stir with a popsicle stick. Pour into the jar - let sit for a few minutes before placing on the top. Let cool and you have your very own loc butter!!!
    The Ylang Ylang essential oil has healing properties. Please be careful when dealing with essential oils and DO NOT EXCEED the amount in the recipe. If you do your scalp can become irritated. Ylang Ylang (pronounce ee-lang) has a pleasant floral smell with a hint of fruit.


    I haven't made this yet however, when I do I will put a review regarding this recipe. I really hope it works and has a good hold for my clients. I will let you know soon. If you have tried it let me know how you feel about it.
    Thanks!

    Peace and Blessing,
    Have a good day!!!


    Thanks for reading!


    image and recipe: www.fromnaturewithlove.com

    No comments:

    Post a Comment