Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Favorite Hair Brands

Here you will find a list of products for braids, twists, and locs - including the synthetic hair brands.


For regular single braids I use the RastAfri jumbo kanekalon hair. This hair is soft on my fingers, better quality for your hair, and resembles human hair. I also, use this hair the extension cornrow services as well.

To keep the shine and condition the scalp I like the Dr. Miracle's Braid Spray. It has a tingle feel and a semi-strong "medicated" smell. Or, try the Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier. This is an all natural product, great for keeping your hair moisturized while braided. This spray also as the "tingle" feel as well.


For the twist services I use the Black N Gold brand of synthetic dreadlock kinky hair and a different variety of products (not all at once though). I use an alcohol free gel called Twists N Locs mixed with some extra virgin olive oil and Taliah Waajid's African Healing Oyl.




With the starting Locs and maintaining them there are many options available to you. You can even make your own loc butters and oils. I use the Taliah Waajid Lock It Up or Nubian Kinks Locing Promade. I have also made some loc butter (got the recipe online) to maintain my client's locs.

The ingredients are shea butter, mango butter, coconut oil, lanolin, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, avacado oil, ylang ylang, and some vanilla fragrance oil (or you can use whatever fragrance oil you like).

I also found this great recipe for hair oil:
  • 2 oz. Shea Oil
  • 1 oz. Coconut Oil
  • 1/2 oz. Olive Oil,
  • 4 drops peppermint Oil
  • 2 drops Tea Tree Oil
  • 4 oz. bottle to store the ingredients

Well, I just wanted to give a little info on some of the products I like and use. If you have a recipe or know a good product let me know. All of the products and hair I mention can be found at your local beauty supply stores or online.

Want to make an appointment feel free to click on the link.
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to get some of the RastAFri hair. It is not offered in my area. Are you familiar with a site that I could go to order it?

    ReplyDelete